Tuesday 11 November 2008

Cheltenham CC on top!

Right. So my fundraising efforts have started in earnest...just in time to disappear off to South Africa with Curry and others for three weeks. Excellent! Hopefully my recent hard work pestering Cheltenham Cricket Club members will pay off and keep working even though I'm away. Especially when they are told what a contribution the club will be making.
I've just realised how many players Cheltenham CC are going to have up the mountain; Kinsey Hern, Peter Spence and Jonathan Hill from Team Tenzing all played for the 2nd X1 as has Gareth Lewis in the past. I skipper that team and Junior Chairman, Andy Waters', youngest brother Mark joins Tenzing too. (Not to mention how many of the others have helped prop up the club bar with me over the years!) So, apart from Drovers CC, that the whole effort is based around, we'll be the most represented club up there.
Having been relegated last year in what is clearly a low point for the club, some of it's members will be at the ultimate cricketing high point before next season. Good work fellas!

1 Comments:

At 8 December 2008 at 13:57 , Blogger Zooby said...

I always wondered who had written this blog.

Good to meet you ....er Simmo

Zooby

shersid

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home